Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Nada Dada Motel Art Week

I spent almost a week working on getting my photographs printed and another week getting them framed for the Nada Dada Motel art week.  It was crazy getting ready but I made it.  OH, not to mention it took about 6 hours getting my work on the walls of the Wildflower Village room.  (I was in 14)

If anyone is thinking of joining the art community in Reno it's not all that hard, just be ready for the grunge art group.  Getting into the conservative art group is another story, I guess making a name for yourself first may get you invited - who knows.

I spent time next to one artist that was preparing for the "Burning Man". She created a bunch of aliens and they were very strange. She really put a lot of work into them, every day!  That's the grunge I mentioned.  I'm not slamming grunge just talking about it.

As a photographer I made a few images of the aliens around the motel so I could show them to you and send them to her.  I'm sure she will like the photos, the people at the motel want copies as well.  I'll try to attend the Nada Dada Motel art week next year if I have new work.  I'm looking for models and things to photograph that fit into the grunge style. 

I brought photos of cars, people, places and some are just pretty pictures.  Not grunge, so I'm thinking next year will be more interesting for who ever views them.  I get the impression that it's expected to have the grunge style work or the viewer will be disappointed or just not interested.



No comments:

Post a Comment